Friday, May 13, 2011

Bring it F13

I am not superstitious. But I almost was today.
When I woke up this morning, I was worried about what the day would bring. It's Friday the 13th. And honestly, the way the past month and a half had gone, I was prepared to leave the house only if encased in bubble wrap.

Here is how my past 45 days have been (the short version...I might elaborate later if you're in the mood to laugh and or cry):
Husband sick for a week.
Baby sick for a month, including slowed weight gain from quitting on bottles due to nasal congestion and cough.
Car-totaling wreck which was not my fault.
Mom gets sick on Easter...still sick now. Husband gets sick again.
Rental car and 30-hour old car to replace totaled car get significant hail damage.
Hail damage to roof of house and subsequent water damage in house due to holes in roof.
Husband goes on business trip (Sam and Mom home alone together overnight for the first time). Roof leaks again while he is gone...prompting need for water damage cleanup crew for second time. Master bedroom mutilated in cleanup process.
Husband's flight gets delayed and he is gone an extra night.
Mom wakes up with stomach bug morning after Mothers' Day. Husband drives her to work 30 minutes from house, then has to come all the way back out an hour later to pick her up.
Mom comes home, sleeps for 6 straight hours. Wakes up to water damage contractor banging on door. 10 hours from last time she pumped, Mommy gets a clogged duct. Later on, also bleeds into precious liquid gold and throws it out (between the blood and the being violently ill). Mommy quarantines from Sam to make sure he doesn't get sick.
Sam gets stomach bug. Quarantine fail again. We need to learn how to do this more effectively. Sam is now on day three of recovery. Poor thing!

So anyway...I started off thinking today would be awful, but then remembered I'm not superstitious, and decided to tell Friday the 13th to BRING IT. Except for Sam still not being all the way better, and feeling a little icky myself, our household has had a good day. It even rained without any leaking in the house that we could find.
My dear friend, though, did not have a good day. She did not want to discuss it, so I don't know what happened. But I know she is going through something, and my heart breaks for her and her family. Virtual hugs to C, W, and E.

No comments:

Post a Comment